Thursday, January 5, 2017

Two Free Quilt Patterns Using Northcott's Naturescapes Fabric



Happy New Year!

I have had the pleasure of bringing in the New Year making two fun quilts using Northcott's Naturescapes collection.


The best part is the patterns are free and available over at QUILTsocial.
The first one, I show you a super simple way to the Drunkard's Path block.  Trust me when I say, it is easy, no pins and actually fun!  Plus it involves circles and I love circles.  Here is the quilt, I called it Pebble Play, because the one fabric of pebbles I simply adore!
My kids thought it looked like a zipper=) You can get the pattern here.


Here is a close up of some of the quilting. Had a little fun free motion quilting it too. 



The next quilt I made is called Fractured Landscapes.  It is a pieced chevron looking quilt, and before all the pieces are sewn together, it gets fractured by black fabric strips.




No comments: