Saturday, June 10, 2017

Quilting and more quilting!


I think May and June are the two busiest months for me.  Gearing up for Quilt Canada 2017, Canada's national quilt conference and all the social media that goes along with that has been crazy and amazing all at the same time.

I have managed to sneak in a few fun little projects and am working on some new projects that are not quite ready to be shared.

While this does look like Easter eggs that are actually napkins, my kids have enjoyed using them at all meals, any season.


This sweet button bowl showed up on a facebook page made with glue, and I just had to try my own version of it.   Using a balloon and buttons, I went to work.   It was messy that is for sure.   Someone mentioned putting a rick rack border on the outer edge, so I may have to go back and do that. 



Here is something I tried and have been doing quite a few of lately. Thread sketching has caught my fancy.   I can't really draw but am finding objects that don't require a lot of skill in their shapes and am having fun with that.  


Next up, I am diving into some ruler work so you will see some quilts coming out of that. 



No comments: