Friday, January 14, 2011

Wearable Art

I have been quilting like a mad demon all week.   I am trying to get a piece of wearable art ready to see if it will get juried into the National Show here in Canada.  I have till February 1st to get it ready.   I finally got all the pieces quilted.  I had made the lining up earlier in the week.  So now just have to cut the pieces out and sew the jacket together.   I have never made a jacket with a lining before.  I know, not the best time to start.   But I do have lots of notes on my instructions reminding me of things to do.  

Hopefully next week will be able to post pictures of a beautiful and finished garment!

7 comments:

Brooke said...

Can't wait to see what you come up with! Love the fabrics and your quilting.

Jewel said...

Can't wait to see it. You are so brave for making a jacket :) I am rooting for you!

Laura said...

Jackets w/o linings are easy, but jackets with linings can be tricky! Can't wait to see your results.

Mama Pea said...

The fabrics are so pretty. I have a jacket pattern that has a lining and I've always wanted to make it. Never have. Think I'm intimidated, too. Maybe after seeing this I'll get up the gumption to do it!

Candice @ Made With Love said...

Oooh! I love the green and blue fabric combination, and can't wait to see the finished project! :)

jlk said...

It's going to be so pretty! Good luck!

Caryl @ cinnamon holiday workshop said...

great fabrics...good luck with the jacket!!