With the kids home I am finding it a bit more challenging to get into my sewing room to quilt. I want to spend as much time with them as they are only young once and they won't always want to hang with mom=)
I am trying to do quilting that does not require alot of concentration, because even if I get into my sewing room, interruptions happen every 23 seconds.
The designing end of things has been good. My sketch pad comes with me everywhere and I can do that while the kids are playing and breaking up fights or getting snacks every 3 minutes are no problem.
From one of my sketches, I came up with this.
I also got a quilt pinned and under the machine. This one took me forever to decide on a design for the middle. I mean like 4 months to figure it out. Finally I came up with one I liked and gave it a try.
There are about 20 triangular sections in the centre of this quilt. I am doing the same flower in each section, but different sizes that match the size of the section. The background is either stippling or small circles. I am changing the thread colours for each section as well. I have about half of it done.
The circles drawn in the background were done on the whole cloth centre before any quilting or ric rac was added. I took different sized circles and placed them on randomly and traced around them with magic marker.
Different sized and coloured ricrac was stitched down in lines across it.
I still have a ways to go, but my plan is to get it quilted and bound by end of summer. I just got booked for 2 trunk shows in September and would like to bring it with me.
Linking up to Nina's Off The Wall Friday.