Wednesday, May 1, 2013

My Little Pom Pom Pincushion

Having some fun these days.   I have been making a few more tops for travelling and decided I needed a pin cushion as I kept misplacing the only one I have.   I had two, then sent one off, so was having to transport the one to the serger, ironing board, cutting table, and sewing machine.   I was constantly leaving it behind wherever I last was and my frustration level was starting to reach volcanic proportions.

I had a tiny bit of Madhuri left and some lovely pom poms, all from Riley Blake Fabrics.


 I sewed the pompoms to the back fabric first and then RST sewed the 2 pieces of fabric together.
I just love that diamond fabric to bits!


Riley Blake Fabrics also has a huge pin cushion tutorial collection.  Like gigantic!   Bigger than my fabric collection.   Okay, nothing is that big=)


This just cracks me up to bits.


7 comments:

Candice @ Made With Love said...

Cute and festive!!!

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

cute little pillow

elle said...

Cute!

Kitchener Quilter said...

Very cute, creative, and fun. Love it.

Rolanda said...

Luckily my husband and girls learned very quickly not to touch my scissors. Love the pincushion.

Mama Pea said...

So cute. Those diamonds are some of my faves in the line. Love the pom poms. I'm such a sucker for them.

Sparky said...

YOU made a pom pom ....pin cushion....lovely.....don't you just love anything round wink