Wednesday, December 21, 2011

2nd and 3rd Flower Done

My R & B art quilt is almost done.   It has 9 buttons to be sewn on, and then maybe more on the binding.    But the good news is I finished all three of my 3D flowers.  The second and third ones were all done and just had to be sewn on.   When I laid them out, I didn't like the look, so back to the sketch pad.  I made 2 more just like the first one and I like the flow much better.  



As you may remember, this quilt was supposed to be done for December 1st, and another one finished by January 1st.   There is a chance I will tackle that second one with great guns over the holidays.   But I also have a few deadlines that I have to meet.   We shall see, I may just buy a pound of chocolate covered coffee beans and go crazy=)


I probably won't post now till after Christmas, so I would like to take this opportunity to wish you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.  You have no idea how much I appreciate you signing up to follow.   So very much!   Thank you.

8 comments:

Caren said...

Well done, Jackie! I probably already said this, but I love the quilting on this - those little flower doodles are so great! Amidst the choco-espresso beans (ha!), remember to take time to enjoy your holidays! :) C

Lynn said...

Those are neat flowers. And Merry Christmas to you too!

Renate said...

This is a very intersting looking technique Jackie. How did you do it? Care to share? Oh yes before I forget, Merry Christmas from the West Coast.

sandra said...

Very different flowers, I like them. Merry Christmas to you and your family

Mama Pea said...

Jackie, I can't wait to see it!

Brooke said...

Merry Christmas! Love your flowers!!

Kathy S. said...

Wow, Jackie -- What neat flowers. I've never seen anything like them. Well done.

Maxine said...

Sunni from Love Affair with my Brother sent me. Happy guest blogging. Great flowers.