Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Meet Maud



Please go and check out my new page 'Meet Maud' on my blog.

Maud is a part of me so familiar that sometimes I feel she is me.
Starting with one little sketch in my design book and playing with thread, fabric and my machine, Maud was created. From there my sketch book is filled with possibilities and now she has taken on a journey that I truly don't know where it will end.

The original Meet Maud quilt. 2017

I am currently working on a submission for a juried exhibit at the Houston Quilt Show. It requires a woman on a quilt that is 6' tall and 2' wide. 

I had to draw it out on paper first and then cut the shapes out of fusible paper and then transfer that to fabric. The background is strips of yellows that blend into strips of green. 



Following the same style as the original small pieces, the shapes are outlined two or three times in black thread, bringing her to life. Flowers made of rick rack and fabric were added down at Maud's feet. 



Since her outfit was a combination of light and dark pink polka dots, her purse was a bright blue polka dotted ensemble. 
Stay tuned as I finish this life size Maud quilt!


No comments: