Thursday, December 4, 2014



Done!


I love it. I wasn't sure if I would. I had pieced the leaves together a few months ago and then left them as I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with them. When I finally decided to try and do a 'modern whole cloth quilt', that is the definition I am calling it, I didn't know if it would work=)

 I arranged my leaves on the cotton background on my design wall and took several shots of them being rearranged in many different ways.  Once I decided on a pattern, I machine stitched using different thread on each of the leaves matching colours of the leaves.

Then came the fun part. I decided not to plan out what free motion pattern or where I was going to quilt it, instead I started in the middle with no idea and just went!  It was very much 'free' motion quilting. White on white thread and background. Something I have never done on such a large piece before. Only once near the end did I consider getting my hot pink thread out and go a little wild!  But I held off.

I am very happy with the results.


In case you want to see what Canada is up to these days in quilting, I made a guest appearance at the GenerationQ blog! It is so much fun going there, they are the sweetest quilters ever!



7 comments:

What Comes Next? said...

It looks fabulous Jackie!

Kate said...

It's a beauty, Jackie!

Gene Black said...

I love it...but I think I would have used some colored threads in various areas just for the fun of it.

Myra said...

I like it Jackie

Rolanda said...

I love the flow of the leaves. Wonderful work.

CraftyViolet said...

Love it. Sometimes less is more!

Judy Martin said...

Well Done!!
I like that you didn't plan the white on white machine quilting...and had such a good result.
x