Monday, October 20, 2014

Around the World Blog Hop


Thank you to Renate who picked me to continue the 'Around the World' blog hop.

The hop is designed to literally blog hop right around the world. How much fun is that? All you have to do is showcase what you are currently working on.

Right now I have a quilt under my machine as I free motion quilt it.
Here is a pic before I pinned it all.


Here are a few pics of it as I continue to quilt it. You can see that I used matching thread for each half of the leaves to make it blend in. I didn't want the quilting on the edge of the leaves to be that noticeable. But rather the colours speak for themselves. 



The background is a white cotton and I am using slightly off white thread to quilt it. For the first time I did not even do a rough sketch of different quilt designs to use. I decided to just put it under the machine and see what happens. I am laughing as I am seeing that bubbles and feathers keep cropping up=)




I am looking forward to pulling the quilt off the machine and seeing the finished product.


Now I get to pick two others to continue this blog hop around the world and I pick Silly Mama Quilts and Sally's Ponderings.

In the meantime you can check out my Craftsy post on 'Embellishing with buttons', my other love... those wonderful buttons!
jars of buttons

8 comments:

jlk said...

This quilt is stunning.

Kate said...

It's a beauty!!

CraftyViolet said...

Wow, I love the quilting! I pretty much do meandering and maybe leaves. Time to express my self a little more I think!

Westend Quilter said...

Just the type of quilting I aim for - can't wait to see it finished!

Ella and Nesta said...

I love seeing your progress on this quilt. Looking forward to seeing the final result!

Linda Schmidt said...

Love your button collection!

sandra said...

Love the quilt and the beautiful quilting

Rolanda said...

Wow, I love those leaves.