Monday, August 19, 2013

Selvedge Pin Cushion

Do you ever just want to create a small project that you can start and finish in an hour?

That was my feeling this past weekend.   I had a piece of selvedge strips sewn together that was for a project that didn't end up being needed.  



What I was in dire need of was a new pin cushion.   


I put jumbo ric rac down the diagonals to divide it so I can put hand needles in one section, machine needles in another and pins in another.  And really it makes it look prettier=)


Is anyone else doing small projects this summer?


6 comments:

Kwilt Krazy said...

That is very cute! I need a pincushion too!

Snoodles said...

Woot! Me loves small projects! Instant (well, almost instant) gratification! :)
Love using selveges, and your pincushion is adorable.

CraftyViolet said...

I'm still working on a small crazy quilt for a child with cancer. My serger had to go in for repairs so that held me up. I'm using the cut off bits to stuff a small pillow that will be donated to the OSPCA for the puppies to sit on. I just bought some fabric to make new Christmas placemats and some batik to start an art doll. Too many projects; not enough time.

CraftyViolet said...

Jackie - I thought I would answer the question you posted on my blog here as well in case you don't get the other one. I charge $2.00 for my hand crafted cards. This covers the cost of the material and then I can use that to buy more supplies!!! Hey, it works for me!
I have several sympathy cards on hand that I have not posted on the blog yet. If you would like to see them I could email you the photos and you can pick the one(s) you like.

sandra said...

Jackie I have a big box of selvages that I have been saving for about six years so it is time for project and I love your pin cushion. I did make a little bag out of some of them .. I guess my small project this summer was a sewing machine cover , I would like to make more small things but seem to get caught up in large quilts.

What Comes Next? said...

I like quick projects all the time! They definitely provide a break when working on something big and more involved. This is a great way to use selvedges.