Thursday, September 6, 2012

New 3D Art Quilt with Tutorial

Remember I teased you with this picture:

I can now show you the whole quilt.   There is a funny story about this one.  Pellon needed something using their product 'Fabric Magic' by the end of a week, for a promotion with a huge company.

I was emailed, but was leaving in middle of said week.  Not wanting to let Pellon down, and knowing the product made fabric go 3D, I decided to try. At 5 pm I walked into my studio with no idea whatsoever in my head, and having never used the product, I got started. At 10 pm I skipped joyfully out with this.

Now to clarify this NEVER happens to me, that an idea hits, no kinks happen, well, other than restarting the project halfway through.   That was when the really big brainwave hit, and then I got petrified I didn't have enough of the Fabric Magic left.  The fabric used is 'Apple of My Eye' by The Quilted Fish.

The tutorial is here.   The great news, Pellon loved it and is going to use it for promotion...more on those details later=))


What do you think?


P.S. My friend Nina Marie is doing a link up Friday, drop by and check it out.

24 comments:

Brooke said...

You are amazing!!!!
Love, love your project - you rock!!

jlk said...

I'm so excited for you. You are going to be so famous!

Agnes B. Bullock said...

Love it!

What Comes Next? said...

it looks fabulous - I can see it in fall colours (oak leaves) and in greens (Holly). Wonderful! and don't ya just love it when everything falls in place like that!?

Gill said...

What Brooke said!!!
Incredible!

Mama Pea said...

That's amazing! I love your project! I'm so happy Pellon recognizes your talent! ;-)

Terri said...

Congratulations! and I love it. I can see why they do, too. Those leaves could decorate anything!
Hugs

Renate said...

Oh me oh my! What a wonderful little wall hanging. I agree with "What Comes Next" will look great is fall oak leaves too. Hmmm that gives me an idea....

Monika Kinner-Whalen (MySweetPrairie) said...

ooh! It looks SO pretty on the deck : ))) Love the layers Jackie!

Monika

Nina Marie said...

ohhh cool idea - love how it has shape and texture!! I would like to invite you link up on our Off the Wall Fridays where art quilters are sharing their creative endeavors of the week - its easy and fun to connect!

Gene Black said...

LOVE it!

Katherine McNeese said...

Good for you!
love this, can't you see it in Christmas fabrics?

Quilter Beth said...

I've never even heard of "Fabric Magic." It looks like something I need to check out. Love your piece. I can't believe you got it finished SO fast!

Tina Rathbone said...

I found you from Nina's site, on the Off the Wall Friday's linky. Your thumbnail photo there told me "click me first!" :)
I love your project and will check out the tute. What's Fabric Magic?
Thanks,
Tina in San Diego @ Artelicious
www.tina-rathbone.blogspot.com

Rolanda said...

It is so cute. I want to try it. Thanks for the pattern from the Pellon website.

Lisa Chin said...

Great job!!!

Carol A. Babineau said...

What an great quicky! Thanks for sharing.

Regina said...

What a great piece, and it would also look awesome in Christmas prints.....you have definitely inspired me to buy this product.

Anonymous said...

Oh my! Like everyone else, I love your project. The colors are so inviting, and the design has so much potential. Good luck with pellon and what they choose to do with it!

Unknown said...

5 hours?! 5 HOURS?! Phenomenal!

sandra said...

Wow you are total so creative, I really love the idea and it looks like a fun project. I am so thrilled for you Jackie that all these things are falling into place for you after all of your hard work. Blessings sandra

CraftyViolet said...

I love it and wish I could open the instructions on Pellon's website. I log in and it shows I've logged in, but won't open.

You are truly talented!

Karen said...

Very pretty Jackie!

Anonymous said...

This is simply stunning. Best wishes, Carina