Thursday, January 6, 2011

Sketchbook Challenge

One of these days, I better post some resolutions, but for now I am going to share some stuff.   I joined the sketchbook challenge.   It was mostly to make myself draw/doodle, put pencil to paper.   I do sketch when I am starting a new art quilt.  But I have been reading that I should be sketching more.   Plus there is monthly prizes. 
The theme for January was 'Highly Prized'.   So... family is my most prized possession.   My 5 year old drew a picture of our family and I used that and surrounded it with hearts.  

And since I haven't posted in a week, here is what else I have been fooling around with - felted balls.   I think they will be so fun to put into my art quilts.  

These little guys are so cute and highly addictive to make.   I used felt roving and yarn balls to make these.  Apparently you can make them with old felted sweaters, but I haven't found a tutorial on that yet.  

Finally, I am madly, and I repeat madly working to hit a February 1st deadline.   I am trying to finish a wearable art garment for entry into the National Juried Show.  

1 comment:

Mama Pea said...

I am following the sketchbook challenge, too. Trying to decide if I can get up the gumption to sketch something and submit it! haha