Sunday, March 18, 2018

Modern Quilting with Bright Colors




Hello!
I have been getting a bit more into my studio now that spring is coming and the winter deadlines are fading as fast as the snow is melting.

With Easter approaching, I thought it would be fun to design my own Easter quilt. The bunny and carrot were done first as they were the trickiest with a few pieces to figure out.
The eggs were nice and simple and bright rick rack finished them off.




Spending some time working on different free motion designs within  a quilt and to play with bright colours and drunkard path blocks. My colours at the moment seem to be bright blue, pinks and greens. 


When watching a movie with the kids, hand sewing these hexies is a great way to keep productive while enjoying family time. 

The national quilt organization I belong to, is hosting a Postcard Challenge this May and you make a postcard, mail it in, and it gets displayed at their annual conference where you can buy the postcards for $5 each and the money goes to the Children's Hospital in British Columbia, Canada. I kept mine simple and modern, hoping that would be a nice draw for someone to purchase. 


Last picture is I am spreading my wings.  My father was an amazing carpenter and could make anything. Most often design his own items. This is a small coaster with epoxy that I dyed blue. I have four more in the making. Eventually I want to make bigger items but need to start small to perfect the process. 


Hope you are getting crafty as spring comes into season!




No comments: