Thursday, September 7, 2017

Thread Sketching and Circles



It has been a busy summer, filled with fishing, hiking, swimming, and long walks at the farm. Kids headed back to school yesterday and I have entered my sewing room with inspiration and creativity!

Thread sketching girls has caught my attention and this is the third piece I have made. Still working out the process of the sketching to reduce wrinkles, ensure a smooth finish and so on. This is the one I finished. There is writing in the background that says 'because she can'.


If you follow my blog, you know I have a slight addiction to circles. Out came the rotary cutter and glue and freezer paper as I practiced some fun circles to see how I can turn it into a quilt. 



Here is a sneak peek of a pattern I am releasing shortly. 


Do you have any fun fall projects?



1 comment:

CraftyViolet said...

The busy summer went by way too fast here too! I didn't do as much quilting as I normally do but I did finish a quilt for my daughter - The Nightmare Before Christmas quilt and a couple of comfort quilts for our guild to send to who ever needs one.

I tried the thread painting one time but its just not for me. I'll stick to the traditional quilting - and still make my greeting cards and scrapbooking...and paint and bead, etc.

Crafty Violet