Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Terrific T-Shirt Book


One of the things I love most about quilting is seeing my projects in print!  I have been so fortunate to work with Martingale Publishing a number of times. They are the most wonderful publishing company to work with, from start to finish, they are helpful, kind and oh so creative!

My latest project can be found in 'Terrific T-Shirt Quilts', a book geared towards taking t-shirts and showing you how to make them into a lovely quilt.  We all keep t-shirts, whether it be our kids shirts, or from college or a sport we love and they sit in a drawer waiting to be used.  



This book solves that dilemma and you can pull your shirts out and turn them into a beautiful quilt. The book talks about working with the fabric and how to combine t-shirt fabric and cotton to create quilts.

My quilt is this fun little pink and green one using pink t-shirts as the focal point.

Having 2 boys in the house meant a trip to the nearest used clothing store, 2 hours away to find pink t-shirts=)
 Here are some of the other super projects in the book!

'Congrats Grad' by Mary Burns

'Go Zags' by Janet Nesbitt

'Got Spirit' by Penny Barnes

'In Tune' by Andy Knowlton


'Road Trip' by Andy Knowlton


'Too Precious To Pitch' by Krista Moser

'Tween Dreams' by Sheila Markewicz

'Winning Combination' by Jamie Mueller

Be sure to check out this book, it is chock full of t-shirt quilt ideas!



2 comments:

CraftyViolet said...

One of my quilting friends was just asked to make two quilts for her children from their baby clothes, which are so small. I'll tell her about this book. A friend of my daughter's asked if I would make him a quilt from his T-shirts but I declined but I referred him to the London quilt guild instead. So much easier to make a quilt like that when you live in the same city.

Westend Quilter said...

I have a friend who wants to make one for her cottage community picnic to use as a prize, so I'll pass this on. Thanks.