Sunday, April 24, 2016

Promoting Quilting in Canada


I had a wonderful weekend in Toronto ON doing what I love best!  I was able to talk about quilting in Canada for two days at the very fun Creativ Festival.   The Canadian Quilters' Association (CQA/ACC) was there promoting our Quilt Canada conference this June in Toronto, in which I am on the Board of Directors.

We were given a huge booth and we filled it with some beautiful quilts and our information. When attendees came by and they did fill our booth, we were able to have a chat, offer them a chocolate and tell them about our amazing organization and upcoming conference.  It doesn't get much better than this!


Having attended this show in the past, you get to know the vendors and see friends again, which I love doing. As the Social Media Director for CQA/ACC, I had a sign made up and sent a copy to all my quilting friends across Canada. This sign is showing up everywhere to tell people to come to Quilt Canada.   I brought it with me and took a picture of the sign peeking out in all the vendors booths that will be at our conference.   Here is a picture of it in the WonderFil booth.


I have had a blast seeing the pics come in with people and this sign. Currently it is on it's way to England as we speak.  It will be in Germany next month.   Quilters are such a fun group of people. If you want to see all the places this sign does end up, just follow our facebook page and be ready to be entertained!

This was a very pleasant surprise. I was walking through the festival and looked up to see two quilts I was very familiar with! Below is my denim quilt that was featured in the last issue of ANPT magazine (A Needle Pulling Thread), and the one beside it called 'Pulse' is in the upcoming issue. Thank goodness it hung straight and flat!   


Now I am just waiting to go to our conference where I will see so many more of my quilting friends. Can't wait!



1 comment:

CraftyViolet said...

I would so love to go to the show. Maybe one year I'll make it. I'm currently on the second round of antibiotics for a respiratory bug so not going this year. People seem to be avoiding me!!!!