Thursday, August 6, 2015

Hexies On The Farm Tutorial

I am back!  I finished two quilts today, they are off to the publisher so am super excited about that. And breathing a little sigh of relief as well.



My family has been heading up to my favourite place in the world each weekend - my grandparents farm. Last weekend, I decided that it would be fun to try a youtube video on my easy way to make hexies. My only problem is that I didn't have a camera man. In stepped my 10 year old son to do the job.


We did 3 takes and I love the last one. We even have cows photo bombing it!  How cool is that.
I hope you enjoy the video. 

If you follow me on facebook, Instagram or twitter, you will see that I love dropping my hexies in unique places, here they are growing from a shrub=)

See you soon!

5 comments:

Gene Black said...

First --- YAAAY for getting those quilts to the publishers.
Second -- Good job on the video.

Renate said...

Great video. You have an budding film maker on your hands.

BTW Check out the odd comment on CQA.

Rolanda said...

First I must compliment your camera man. Great work getting in those cows. I love the hexies and I'm wondering where they are going to end up?

Carla said...

Hexies are very addictive, they are like potato chips, you can't stop at one...That is in all categories of needlework. I started knitting hexies, and can't stop. Kudos to the camera man!

mumbird3 said...

Love Hexies!