Wednesday, May 27, 2015

It Started with One

It really did, I just wanted to make one so I could understand the process. Plus I had already had 10 made doing it the more traditional way with cardboard inserts.

I am talking about hexagons, or as I so fondly term them, hexies.


Now if you know me at all, hand work and I are usually not the best of friends. But, I have done the whole cardboard hexagon insert, glue fabric around, stitch together.  I did that until I ran out of cardboard... then had to stop making hexies for a year.  Then... a hexie miracle happened, I ran into a friend who told me I could make them from ...

Circles... yes lovely circles, which we know are my ultimate favourite thing in the world.  Plus I have an accuquilt GO that whipped these up in no time.   Check it out here.

They take less than a minute to do each one, and I am doing them everywhere.  I put them in my little pencil case and whip them out when I have 5 minutes.

Let the Hexie Madness continue!

7 comments:

Kate said...

You left me hanging .... how do you make them from circles??? Mind you, cutting circles is a challenge for me even with a line to follow. :)

Gene Black said...

Of course I had to look up how to do hexies from circles. I won't be doing it, but I needed to know. Curiosity is an interesting creature. Ha ha.

Kate said...

Just checked out the video and oh my goodness this makes hexies so easy!!! Thank you so very much!

CraftyViolet said...

Easy way to make hexies but I don't think I'll be doing them....it's like sewing curves....not going to happen here.

What Comes Next? said...

Wow! How easy is that? Especially if you have a circle die, which it is probably a good thing that I do not! These look addictive!

Rolanda said...

I make hexies by running the fabric through the printer and printing a grid on the back of fabric. Cut and sew lines are there and ready to go.

Kate said...

Ok Jackie, now that you've got me hooked on making hexies from circles ..... what do I do with the hexies? :D