Monday, August 11, 2014

Fun Tutorials

While buzzing around pinterest the other day I found some fantastically fun tutorials!

Check out this adorable picture frame pin cushion tutorial from Craftaholics Anonymous. These little frames can be picked up for $1. What a great gift for a quilt retreat or a party favour for a quilter or sewer.

pin cushion

Over at Seaside Stitches, she has made an adorable fabric box. I can just imagine the fun trinkets I can put in here.

Image found here

Hyacinth Quilt Designs shows you how to make beautiful dresden fan blocks and then turns them into hexagons following another tutorial found on her site.

Image found here

This was found on pinterest. 100 free quilt tutorials! Seriously, go and check it out. There are pics for each tutorial and the quilts are very different and unique. 
I enjoyed this break from my free motion quilting 1/8" lines over and over!  But oh boy, is it going to be an amazing modern quilt=)


3 comments:

Rolanda said...

Thanks for the links...I love those little pin cushions.

SIMPLESEW said...

So adorable.. I follow your blog by email, I was wondering if you would be interested in a couple giveaways ! My friend Mara is in a contest here is the link. http://secretlystitching.blogspot.com/2014/08/my-american-fabric-hoarders-and-giveaway.html. When you vote you are automatically entered into the Singer giveaway.

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for picking my card as one your winners from the teddies challenge, it is such an honour.
Thank you for all your hard work in making the challenge so successful, it's a shame that the challenge is ending but I can totally understand your reasons and wish you all the best.
Sue xx Obat aborsi