Sunday, July 28, 2013

Book Review

I love to read, I just never make the time to get a book to do so, but when I do, I adore poring through a good book.  

So when  Penguin Books dropped a book on my laptop asking for a book review, I was only too  glad to oblige.

‘Streak of Lightning’ is a short quilt mystery by Clare O’Donohue.   Ms. O’Donohue is fast becoming my favourite quilt author.   ‘Streak of Lightning’ is out August 2013 for $2.99 as an ebook.

The crazy thing about this book was that I actually couldn’t put it down.   I stayed up till 1 am to finish it.   Literally every page was exciting.   The author managed to not only introduce the characters but make me comfortable with them all the while she led me through a murder mystery.  

To say I was surprised that she could do this in just 60 pages would be an understatement.   Yet she did just that.   To top it off, she related it to quilting throughout the book.   My favourite line was this one; ‘In an art form that is moving toward the modern, with so many quilts having clean lines, solid fabrics, and an almost architectural feel, the scrappy four patch was the kind of quilt that looked, well, like a quilt: something Grandma made.’

Not only can Clare O’Donohue write a great mystery, she is on top of her game in the quilting world, and in a subtle manner tells us what she thinks of modern quilting.   Love it!  May not agree with it, but totally adore the way she phrased it!
She has a novel coming out in October called ‘Double Wedding Ring’ and I am really looking forward to giving that one a good read as well!


9781101615850_p0_v2_s260x420

If you are looking for a fast paced and exciting e-book, try out 'Streak of Lightning' this summer!
You won't be disappointed.


No comments: