Friday, June 7, 2013

Another 3D Flower Quilt

I had a few starts with this one.  I couldn't figure out which side I wanted to show up for the front.   The large petals and the small petals were all from the same fabric line, by Riley Blake Fabrics, but they were really different in colour and pattern.  
These are the small petals, I originally thought this side would be showing.

This was the start of my large petals.   

And you can see this is where I ended up, clearly I had no idea when I started=)

This will be a new pattern for my 3D Flower workshops.  
My favourite is taking side shots of my 3D quilts so you have an idea of just how much they protrude off the quilt!





Here is a little sneak peek of what I just started working on.  


3 comments:

Carol Swift said...

I love that 3-D look! It would make a great pillow. :O)

greendoodle said...

cool map fabric, that is really neat!

Rolanda said...

I love the flower...