Friday, March 9, 2012

A New Art Quilt

I am furiously working on a new art quilt showing my 3D flowers.   When I got the notice that my quilt got into Paducah, I realized I was planning to use that one to show one of my techniques at my upcoming workshop in April.  

I needed to replace it, but had limited time.   I remembered I had sewn together a black and white background and then put it away.  I pulled it out, but realized it was just too harsh to have my blue 3D flowers on the top.  Unfortunately, I never thought to take a picture, but you can see the colour of the binding is one of the fabric pieces in the background.   Anyway, I had some tulle and laid over it, but that didn't give me the effect I was looking for.  Then I found a piece of lace that did the trick.  I put that over and did a stippling all over it.   I have to finish binding it.

Next I will lay my flowers on and see how it looks.

I have 15 m of fabric being dyed at the moment.  I just love seeing what fabulous colours come out when it is done.


Brooke said...

you are just amazing!!!!!

can't wait to see where this project goes.....

Mama Pea said...

Love it! I have been hoarding the hand-dyed fabric you sent me. It's waiting for just the right project!