Friday, July 15, 2011

Skirt Tutorial and News

It's Friday and that means that Johanna from our Design team has created a fantastic tutorial of how to make your own skirt.   How cool is that?   You create a pattern that fits you, not the 7 skinny models the store patterns were made for.  
Final

When you are done reading how to make the skirt at The Quilted Fish, check out Johanna's blog.  She has really funky quilts on it.


On other good news, my quilt 'Bye Gram, I Love You' that was in the Sacred Threads exhibit is now on it's way home.  The show has ended and they have posted 34 of the 173 quilts on their website.  Can you guess where this is leading?   Yep, mine was chosen as one of the quilts to highlight this year's juried show.  It is the 10th one down on the page.

I will tell you, when I sat in my grandmother's chair stitching those 500 buttons onto the quilt, I never imagined that it would have such an adventurous life.   I am both thrilled and  amazed that it has struck such a cord with so many people in the quilting community.

3 comments:

Brooke said...

WOW!!!! Oh my goodness!!! Hooray for you - are you pinching yourself yet??? I'll bet you are smiling from ear to ear and probably shedding a few tears too!

Linda said...

Congrats on being chosen to be included in such lofty company! All those quilts have such deep meaning.

Mama Pea said...

Jackie, love your comment about the skinny models. That's just how I felt when she posted the tutorial! LOL!

Congrats on your quilt! That is so exciting! I am sooooo thrilled for you!