Thursday, December 2, 2010

Wearable Art and Curved Piecing

I have been collecting these colours for two years.   And all the thread, embellishments, beads, and yarns that match.   Finally I started cutting and sewing the fabric.   I want to make a piece of wearable art.   But was unsure how to make new 'fabric' with all my matching fabric.   Then I happened to watch a video on curved piecing this morning and voila!   Ideas started pouring into my head.  

I have begun sewing the strips together.   I know that I have to quilt it before I actually sew all the pattern pieces together.  One, because it is easier and two because the quilting will shrink up my pieces.   I think that I may have to sew the front side and front piece together first and then quilt it though.    I have quite a few steps written in my sketch book and even more ideas for embellishing.

Just have to make sure I do the right step at the right time.  For now, curvy piecing here I come!

Welcome new followers Anita and Linda!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, wow! I love the colours! So beautiful!

Laura said...

What are you planning to make?

Linda H said...

Looks lovely- LOVE the colors...