Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Marilyn's Flowers




Introducing Marilyn's Flowers.
Finished, and a big sigh.   I do love it.   The outer border is polyester!  I know, but it is vintage and was given to me by a church member and I fell head over heels in love with it.   I had it for a year before I could figure out a design that would work with it.    It would have been tricky to piece and I didn't want to take away from the flow of it. 

There is no stippling, but all free motion quilting using various designs.   And all done on my little machine that I am really noticing has a very small space between the arm and the needle!   I need to win a few prizes to upgrade to my dream machine - Janome 7700.

It is not hanging nice at the moment, as I have a dowel in the top rather than a flat board.  But I had to take pics of it to show you so couldn't wait.   When I take pics for jurying purposes, it will look nicer.

You can see that my flowers are 3D and the centre has a funky little button in each.  


4 comments:

Sarah Vanderburgh said...

Beautiful, Jackie! I love the blue circles in the background and your polyester border. The sun is really amazing. It is a visually delightful piece! Congrats on a great finish!

Anonymous said...

so beautiful!!!
Lee

Anonymous said...

Am anxious to see this in person. Looks great. Some questions -- size? who's Marilyn? MT

TerryLynnJohnson said...

LOVE this! Gorgeous colours! And love that you posted your goals! You are awesome.