Thursday, March 11, 2010
I have never taken a course on thread painting, so am not completely aware of the techniques it requires. But I wanted to give it a try so made a small wallhanging for a friend who recently gave me a bunch of delicious fabric to match my upcoming art quilt. This was a piece she thought I could do something with as the fabric had such a pretty pattern. So I did, I made her an art quilt!
The first image is my initial finished product. But I didn't like the way the stems and leaves were so light. So I took the piece and put it back under the machine. I apologize for the blurriness of the final product and the way it hangs. I was in a rush as it was being delivered as soon as I was finished. It does hang straight and does look way better after I darkened up the stems and leaves.
The middle picture is a close up shot of one of the flowers.
I enjoyed this process and think I will use it again.