Saturday, September 26, 2009

Raspberry Jam


I made raspberry jam today.... out of green tomatoes. It is very good, has a nice tang to it. The tomatoes have seeds very similar to the raspberry and with raspberry jello added as the last ingredient, you acquire the colour and flavour. The jello, sugar and green tomatoes are the only ingredients in the jam. How nice is that for my family that I know all the ingredients and can control how much sugar goes into the food.
And if you saw the number of green tomatoes I had, you would come over and help.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow! I never would have thought of doing that! How inventive! I had a gazillion green tomatoes this year too. I made huge batches of "salsa verde" to go with my "chilaquiles con pollo" (chicken chilaquiles). Can you tell I love Mexican food?? :) Come over sometime and we'll have some. Or we can forgo the entire green tomato salsa and just have SUSHI instead! California rolls anyone?? :)