Sunday, April 26, 2009

Next Quilt

Wild enough? This is my next focal fabric for my new art quilt. It is by Michael Miller, called 'Russian Floral'. Let me tell you, hard to match with another print. The line it falls in doesn't really have any that I totally like. I have dyed yellow, green, pink and orange fabric that all match perfectly, but was looking for one more print to go with it. I have kind of settled on one, but not totally thrilled with it.

I am going to try some new techniques with this one. That is if I don't have to wear sunglasses part way through making this due to the bright colours. I just keep telling myself it is not neon. As I can't stand neon.

I have found a great online Canadian fabric shop called 'Tonic Living.com' that I have ordered fabric from, now 2 weeks in a row. I know there may be an obsessive problem here. But hubby went to a gun show today and bought a gun that cost way more than my 2 orders of fabric.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Denis is pouting now that he knows he could've hitched a ride to the show. Just as well, we need all our extra money for my new kayak.