Sunday, March 15, 2009

Sense of Humour


My mom and her friends have a great sense of humour. So much so, that I always tease them for laughing more than quilting when they get together to quilt. This wallhanging was made for a friend of theirs moving down south. But they made a similar one that hangs in the Mindemoya Hospital as well.

I did a 5 km run yesterday, on the treadmill, and was happy about the time. Not because of what it was, but because I was able to work thru the fear of not having enough energy at the end.

Since running is a new sport for me, I always think I need to save energy, not go as hard as I might. Totally unlike swimming, where I know exactly how fast I can go for how long, to do the best I can in a race. I don't have that kind of control over running.....yet.

I have 5 more weeks until the race, so will continue to follow my schedule. At some point, I am going to have to abandon my treadmill and head outside. I am dreading that as I know my time will falter and it will be more of a mental training than anything else. But unfortunately I can't run the race on my treadmill=)

I am loving this warmer weather for a number of reasons. But one of them is I am outside more and not so tempted by walking thru the kitchen and eating whatever is on the counter.

Must get out there and enjoy this beautiful day with my family.

3 comments:

TerryLynnJohnson said...

Running outside is way better than on the treadmill Jackie! More things to look at. Anything that helps me forget I'm running is a good thing.
T

Manitoulin Threads said...

Get off the treadmill!!! I am so proud of you, I must say. Keep it up girl!

Anonymous said...

Put your treadmill on an incline of 1 and it better simulates running outside. Stick a fan infront of you on the highest level and you can make wind too. Yes, I know all the tricks. Are you shocked that I'm reading your blog? Put your tape on and hit the roads. Guess who?