Social media for quilters... is there anything better than staying connected through social media, when you can't be with your gang of quilters?
I like them as they are fast, engaging and last 24 hours on the platform. The best part is they are easy to do. Go to your account and hit the home button and see all the Instagram stories on the top of your screen! This is where you go to add your story! See your profile pic? That can be your story!
You can create a live video, add text to a picture or simply just type in text to a background. You can also save your stories. Each story lasts a max of 15 seconds. (An instagram post can have a video from 3-60 seconds in length.)
It is another way to engage with viewers. If you are a business, it is an ideal way to show off a new pattern or new shipment of fabric! Remember quilters love eye candy.
Why Create a Story?
1. Great way to market yourself or your product.
2. Use hashtags in your story as another means for people to find you, an excellent search engine.
3. Another way to use a social media platform to get noticed.
4. It really is fun and addicting!
It is so simple to create a story. I pulled off the instructions right from the Instagram website, and go ahead and give it a try! Here is a short story I created and all I did was take an image from my photo gallery on my phone and added some text to it.
How do I share a photo or video to my Instagram story? (from the Instagram website)
To share a photo or video to your story using the Instagram app:
- Tap in the top left of your screen or swipe right from anywhere in feed.
- Tap at the bottom of the screen to take a photo, or tap and hold to record a video. To choose a photo from your phone's library or gallery, swipe up anywhere on the screen.
- Tap , or to draw, add text or a sticker to your photo or video. To remove text or a sticker, drag and drop it on at the bottom of the screen.
- When you're ready to share, tap Your Story in the bottom left.
Note: Stories disappear from profile and feed after 24 hours, unless you add them to your profile as highlights.
Go ahead and try creating an Instagram story!