Sunday, November 10, 2013

What is on my design wall

Guess what I did this week?   I went and did a trunk show to some elementary students!  They were so much fun.   They asked really good questions, sat perfect through my presentation and then did some amazing things with some HST's that I had cut up for them.   A dream audience for sure.

My trunk show only had finished quilts and I wanted them to see a work in progress.   This is what I whipped up to show them.   Don't worry, there are some wild 3D flowers that are going on after it is stitched together.


Next up is my ongoing polka dot project. Have I mentioned how happy polka dots make me?   Circles, dots and polkas... all are so lovely=)

I have 10 more blocks to go.    It is kind of cool as I think I have figured out a way to do 3 blocks at the same time.   I say think, because I haven't finished all the blocks and have to make sure I don't run out of fabric, or my new technique will be a flop=)

 Hope to get at least one of the tops done this week.  What are you working on?


3 comments:

Rolanda said...

I love the randomness of the block pieces. They look like fun to make. I'm working on a wedding quilt for my daughter and a quilt for a charity I support every year. Oh, and I finished my workshop project.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

That had to be fun to do a trunk show for the kids!! Having some pieces for them to actually touch and move around had to be perfect as I know my grand-daughters love doing that!

Snoodles said...

Such fun pieces! Oooh, stop by tomorrow and see what I'm up to! LOL