Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Sneak Peek

I have been MIA.   Did you notice?   Just say yes, even if you didn't even realize I was gone.  
I was having an argument with Mother Nature and was trying to give her the silent treatment.   If you haven't heard, she has decided not to bring spring to Canada this year.   Yep, snow and rain only.  

On the upside, I used my fancy schmancy Madhuri fabric.  On the downside, I can't show you just yet.   But I think I can give you a quick peak.  


I wonder if my hubby would notice if 25 bolts of fabric arrived from the postman.   Seriously, I really do want a bolt of every fabric from this line.   I could really just sew with this fabric for the rest of my quilting career.  

Can you imagine the popularity I would get?   If I decided that for the rest of the quilts I make, I only use fabric from Madhuri.   I would probably need more than 25 bolts.   I think I may be onto something here.   I wonder if that would finally get me into IQA Houston?   
Probably not, but it would certainly get quilters talking!  Can you hear it now?  
"Did you hear about that crazy Canadian who has decided to only use one fabric line for the rest of her life to quilt with?"
'I sure did, her husband had to take a second mortgage out as she ordered so much from Riley Blake Fabrics so she would never run out."


What do you think?  Have I just come up with the most brilliant plan for claim to fame ever?




5 comments:

Westend Quilter said...

OK - I think you'd better make more coffee! Because we're all on our way over to your house to feel this fabric and look at what you have!

Rolanda said...

Where is your mind? There will always be new fabrics that grab you. I have a cupboard full of fabrics "I couldn't live without". Have some coffee and a butter tart and enjoy working with what you have....lol.

Mama Pea said...

I love this line, too. Wanna share a bolt or two? :-) I can't wait to see what you did.

Hey, I have missed you immensely. Mother Nature and I are having the same argument. But I'm not giving her the silent treatment. I'm letting her have a piece of my mind!

sandra said...

Jackie girl I can't see you using one fabric for the rest of your life no matter how much you love it right now you would be bored to death after a year and begging hubby please let you buy something different lol. we are all fed up with April. Have fun with this fabric and I will look forward to seeing what you do. Blessings Sandra

jlk said...

Ditto on the bolts. You are hi-larious!