Friday, February 8, 2013

Backgrounds of Art Quilts

I will be the first to admit when I first started making art quilts, I was so focused on what 3D embellishments I was putting on my background that I never even touched it.   There are many an early quilt in which the background is literally a piece of fabric!  

While I am not an expert in the design of backgrounds, I am at the very least more conscientious about it now.

Today, I decided to just go a little crazy  and  take some jelly roll strips and see where it led me.

How is that for a walk on the wild side of backgrounds?


8 comments:

Sandy said...

I think it's a very interesting background. Can't wait to see what you do with it!

Kate said...

It's beautiful on it's own - I look forward to seeing how you embellish it.

Rolanda said...

Looks great the way it is. I love the colours, what line is it?

Mama Pea said...

Love this fabric. :-) It will be interesting to see where you go with it!

Kat said...

Great fabric! Great background!

Snoodles said...

Love what you can do with jelly roll strips! I like all the color, and movement. :)

Lauren said...

Very energetic, so can't wait to see whether you calm it down or ramp it up with your embellishments!

Pam Pollock said...

Love the colours! There is something about red, just love it.