Thursday, January 24, 2013

Bestie Block #2 Done

Whew... #2 Swoon block is done on my Bestie QAL.  Have I mentioned before that each block is a whopping 24" big?  You can see our photos at our Flickr site.  It is not too late to join!  You don't have to do the same pattern as us, just work away at a QAL with us!

A while ago I participated in a 'Quilting Arts' challenge and totally forgot that it was also a swap.   Look what came in the mail today for me.


Isn't it beautiful?  The writing is all about artists. How clever was she to embrace the 'art' part of 'heart' in yarn?  I felt a lot better about not getting published after I saw this one, as this is a real winner and it didn't get picked either.  Different tastes and different ideas.   Well, they did an excellent job sending the perfect one to me.  I love it!


10 comments:

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

I love your Swoon block and the fabrics that you used, Jackie! :)

Mama Pea said...

I really love your Swoon block! You are doing a terrific job on those points! And your postcard is really neat. I agree, very clever to embrace the "art" with the heart!

jlk said...

I wish we could so together in the same room. That would make this even better.

Art by Rhoda Forbes said...

Your green block is beautiful and large!

Linda said...

Love the heart, and the green block too - excellent points!

Linda said...

Love the heart, and the green block too - excellent points!

Rolanda said...

I love the postcard. And the green swoon block is so striking. It will be neat to see it all together.

Anonymous said...

I love your block, so crisp looking and your postcard is cute! Nice to finish projects!

Snoodles said...

Ahh, we all have art in our hearts! That is so clever...love it!
Your #2 is stunning....I have some questions and will email you! :)

Marti said...

The green block is great! ...I am making valentines currently so I really enjoyed your pc.