Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Are You Ready for Our Bestie QAL?

My fabric finally arrived and we are getting started on our first ever, probably first ever in the whole entire quilting world, Bestie QAL!

I know some of you have been waiting for us to get things underway.   The rules are  simple.   You  and your Bestie each make a quilt.  Candice, Jana and I are all using the fabric from the line 'Flea Market Fancy' by Denyse Schmidt and the pattern 'Swoon' by Camille Roskelley.   You can see both here.

You can work at your own pace, use your scraps, or your favourite collection, and pick your own pattern or use the same as us. We  have a Flickr page set up so you can post your progress as well.  If your Bestie doesn't quilt, you can be my blog Bestie and do it with me=)

Here is a picture of the collection of fabric, I had to pick 18 fat quarters out of 21.  

The agreement with Candice and Jana is we all do the same centre block and then pick our own colours for the rest.   I am just waiting for Candice to pick the fabric for the centre.  Really hope she doesn't go  with the directional print, as I am challenged that way trying to get everything to go the right way!
In the meantime I have matched mine up in pairs.

What do you think of my matching?   Leave a comment telling me if you have started yet.
To make it really fun, what do you think the nicknames are that I call Candice and Jana?



6 comments:

jlk said...

I don't have a nickname.

Candice @ Made With Love said...

I love your pairings, as they are so you!!! :)

Kat said...

Great fabric! LOL, I'll wait for an email on directional cutting.

Jaime said...

I love this idea. I wish I knew someone else who quilted. What pattern have you selected?

Mama Pea said...

I love FMF! That will be great. I have some but haven't broken into it yet!

Linda said...

Candy and Jay? Like your pairings too.