Sunday, September 16, 2012

Postcard Challenge

Quilting Arts magazine had a challenge called 'Staycation', where you had to make a postcard reflecting what you did at home this summer.   I started with some hand dyed upholstery fabric.   In this picture you can really see the fabulous texture.   I cut out the parts that I liked the best.


I sewed them together and then did some free motion quilting around the outside and a couple flowing lines in the middle.   




I spent the rest of the time beading.  When I finished beading I applied Timtex and a back layer and stitched around the outside.   I will pop it in the mail and hope it gets there on time.




6 comments:

Renate said...

Upholstery fabric you say? I have some that I've been wondering what to do with and this gives me some ideas. thanks!

Mama Pea said...

You're so bold and daring. I love how you try different fabrics, strategies, techniques. Love that!

Susan J Barker said...

this one is excellent - a bit of the ying yang thing going on!

Mary Ann Tate said...

I never thought about dyeing upholstery fabric...not a bad idea:)

Linda said...

Wonderful! I love it.

Ann Symes said...

Pretty beads! Adds so much to the already great quilting.