Monday, August 13, 2012

Charity Quilt Meets Ric Rac

I must confess, I don't have an iron at my vacation spot.   I am looking for one!   You will just have to bear with me and my wrinkles in my latest charity quilt.   I still had to add the center of my flowers, but realized I couldn't go crazy with embellishments as this quilt is headed to a child with long term illness.   Yet it still needed a bit of bling!   I grabbed some bright fabric and some soft cotton ric rac and here is what I did:




All that is left is a little work on the borders.   What do you think so far?





13 comments:

Renate said...

How much fun! This will definitely brighten the child's day!

Dana Gaffney said...

I love the way that looks! Especially the way you did the stems. Someone is going to be so happy to have that quilt.

SarahVee said...

I think it will warm her heart! Love the 3D flowers - can't wait to see the border!

sandra said...

Very sweet for a little girl,she will love it. What are you putting on the back. Hugs Sandra

Mama Pea said...

I think the ric rac was a really nice touch! Good job! It's so bright and cheery!

elle said...

I think it is very cheerful.

Susan Being Snippy said...

The time and creative process you are taking with this project is making it so very special!

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Oh this is just so sweet. A lot of work with all those strips,but well worth it..lovely.

Mary Ann said...

Very very sweet. I think your quilt will be much loved by the recipient.

Nita said...

The ric rac adds a very sweet touch. What a wonderful gift!

Rolanda said...

I like it. It just is so cheerful. Great work

Snoodles said...

Those flowers are adorable! Love the ricrac!

CraftyViolet said...

I think any child would love this quilt, especially a sick one that will need it to keep warm and to give comfort! Well done. I, and along with other Chatham-Kent quilt members, make quilts for kids with cancer and I know how much they are appreciated! We donate ours to London Hospital thru ChildCan who distributes them.