Thursday, October 4, 2012

Another 3D art quilt

Let's face  it, I am completely obsessively hooked on 3D quilting.  In any way, shape or form.  I just love it.   This one is similar to the one I teach, but I created a different template for the petals and tried a  varied shape for them.   Instead of curving up to the end, I did that for the middle, but then turned them under at the point.


I also combined a few different techniques in one piece of art.  The centre of my flower is my scrap 'n' slash flower with 4 layers of colour.   There are two pink twirlies heading out of the centre that give it that little extra pop.  You know you can never have enough dimension!


For me quilting is all about exploring the unknown, making your quilt that little bit unique or different than anyone else's.   In my case I do it with 3D embellishing, sometimes in a big way, sometimes in a small way.  Okay, most always in a gigantic way=)

What is quilting to you?




7 comments:

elle said...

Quilting is layered with stitching to me. Size doesn't matter. The 3D flowers are quite unique!

Brooke said...

oh my goodness!!! Love this piece and the changes you have made - awesome!!

Mama Pea said...

Cool Did I see this at Market? It feel familiar.

Renate said...

Quilting to me is relaxation and friendship! The fabric, thread, batting and embellishments are bonuses!

Michelle G said...

I love your 3D quilt. Quilting to me means relaxation and the joy of collecting scraps and fabric.

Rolanda said...

I love your flowers!

Hawberry Historian said...

Did you make it to Quilts on the Rocks? There was an acknowledgment of your workshop in their program and quite a few Jackie-esque flowers at the entrance! Lovely!