Wednesday, July 14, 2010
I did it, a paper beaded necklace. This was #3 to try on my summer list of new things to do. It actually turned out pretty well. There are definitely things I would do differently next time. Like get the whole necklace made and then soak it in the varethane. It was a little difficult taking the beads off the wire to restring after it had the coating on it. I did try the fabric beads, and like the method where you fuse the back of them and just roll them then heat with an iron to set. It seemed to make them a lot neater.
I will use these on an art quilt, they definitely add a unique twist on embellishing.