Sunday, January 24, 2010

Charity Quilt Block


We have a very ambitious quilter in our guild and every year she does a quilt with a heart theme. This year is no different. It has been about a year since I have done a block where I had to follow a pattern and instructions. This one is called Orion's Wheel.

I was a little out of practice in following a pattern and having to do something as told. It made me realize how much I like designing my own quilts and how long it has been since I have made a whole quilt from a pattern.

I have friends who feel the complete opposite of me and truly love following a pattern and turn it into a beautiful quilt.

I rarely make bed size quilts anymore and never have a set of instructions other than what I have written down from my own design. And that is mostly so I don't forget my plans.

Anyway, here is my block.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

where??? MT