Sunday, November 1, 2009

Blocked


I have been looking at this pile of fabric for 3 days now. I have an idea of what I want to do with it, but not clear enough on the sketch pad to even get started.

You will notice not one piece is cotton. There is knit, some organza, a bit of taffeta and that shiny stuff they use for skating costumes. I don't even know the name of it. But it is very inexpensive and is very shiny. And all this fabric matches the wild print on the left.

And that is where I am at, matching fabric with no ideas. I think they call this an artist block. I don't like it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hmmmm - you and mental blocks...how about a snazzy new scarf??? or there is lots of material there...string bikinis for you to wear in your pool next summer?? (uggh...one suggestion of male bikini underwear was just made beside me - how's that for mental images???)
miss me???