Monday, August 31, 2009

Skirt Made of Ties




How is this for creative? A very sweet quilting friend gave me this wonderful collection of ties. I want to make a purse out of some special sentimental ties I have and needed a few more. I haven't found or designed a purse I am happy with yet so in the meantime I decided I wanted to use some of the ties. I made this skirt in one day. It was quite easy and fun. It even has a zipper in the back, is already lined and has a nice waist band made out of the leftover strap of one of the ties.

Now the rest of the leftover straps I have on my cutting board to make a very unique purse out of. It will be an original design so will take me a few days. I have the instructions almost worked out and then will set to doing it.

1 comment:

Pamela said...

I love this idea, it is so great and whimisical. I think I have quite a few extra ties lying around of my husbands.

Thanks for stopping by my blog and entering my giveaway.